Thursday, April 12, 2007

First round done


After a few cups of coffee, a quick round of chores in the barn, a load of laundry, a quick online search for some recipes, and a trip to the grocery store to get some ingredients, I have finished the first round of cookies. Peanut Butter No Bakes.
4 c. Sugar
1 c. Butter
1 c. Milk
Heat to 234 degrees F.
Add
1 c. Peanut Butter
6 c. Quick Oats
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
For Chocolate peanut butter no bakes add 8 tablespoons cocoa powder to the suger, milk, and butter mixture before heating.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The trip to the store is what took the longest. As I was parking the truck I noticed my neighbor JB from up the road walking across the parking lot and when she saw me she stopped to wait for me. I figured she was going to tell me that the little dog who came to visit her a couple weeks ago really does belong to the people I told her about, but she had other news. She wanted to let me know that her brother-in-law passed away yesterday... he lives a few miles away (and coincidentally is my brother's neighbor). I ended up spending about 20 minutes talking to her about various things, and she asked if I could make sure to tell my father because she knew that he would want to know. I quickly made my rounds picking up the baking ingredients, avoiding isle #1, you see I work in this store and on my days off I really don't like to be in the store because it never fails if my co-workers know I'm in the store they always have some work related issue they "need" me to solve. As I was picking up the things I needed I saw K who was on the same mission I was... she is also making stuff for the bake sale. While I was in the checkout line I heard someone say "oh I see R is here to help you today!". I looked towards the door to see my mother and 3 year old niece R coming in. So, of course I had to chat with them a few minutes... giving her the update of the neighbor's BIL passing and the other neighbor who is in the hospital and not doing well at all. Of course I always have to chuckle to myself when these things happen... Mom lives right across the road and is here doing barn chores at least twice a day, and JB lives two houses away, yet sometimes it seems the only time we take time to chat is in the store... LOL.
Okay, back to work.... Haystacks are the next on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment