Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter


Happy Easter!!
I just took this picture from my back door, before sitting down to write this post. I can't believe that it is only 24 degrees outside on Easter Sunday!
Sorry that I have not had a chance to post in a while. We have had quite a few projects around the farm we've been working on. If you look closely at this picture you will see that we aren't yet finished with some of them.
A week ago last Friday S.O. was working on the blazer, he had the gas tank out trying to change the wiring going to the fuel pump, and as I was going into the milk house to get some tools for him, the wind caught the door and slammed it shut.... breaking glass everywhere. Of course I was barefoot so I had to call him over from the garage to help me pick up glass. May I remind you that the temp that day was 75 degrees, not 24 as it is today. The next day we replaced the door. LOL... and if you look closely you may be able to see that there is lettering on the door... "Bar Room Open"... no, I did not write that there, I scavenged the door from one of Dad's auction finds, and I will be peeling those letters off or repainting the door when the weather breaks again. The old door is still leaning against the side of the milk house, I have to get that out of there too.
S.O. discovered several reasons why the blazer was not running right.... first of all the old fuel pump filter was inside the gas tank, along with a few other things the last mechanic dropped while replacing the fuel pump.... gggrrrr... Oh, and the vent tube wasn't even connected, along with the fact that the wiring going to the fuel pump has been spliced a few times and twisted back together. You just have to love a used vehicle that has had several "mechanics" working on it over the years. Since S.O. cleaned the gas tank of stuff that shouldn't be there, hooked the vent tube up, and fixed the spliced wires, replaced all the spark plugs and wires, air filter, and the fuel filter, the blazer runs beautiful!
We were doing so well at getting these little projects taken care of that we decided to tackle the expansion tank in the basement... it has been leaking all winter. Thursday after work we bought a new tank ... $121 ... took the old one out, hooked up the new one ... everything is going great until we realize that we only have a little trickle of water coming into the house on the main line... no wonder we don't have very good water pressure in the house. All this time we thought it was because the tank had holes in it and was just losing the pressure. So, the water line coming in from the barn (that is where the well is) must be clogged somewhere. We borrowed a snake from a friend and ran it into the line from the house out to the barn, yesterday afternoon, got a lot of silt and rust out but no more water. Today we are going to try running it from the barn out towards the house, and hope that the clog is on that end and breaks lose. If that doesn't work I guess we are going to have to run a new water line. For now we have the garden hose (seen in picture) running from the barn, which has water, hooking into the house's main line so that we have water in here until we figure out what we have to do to the water line..... This may be the new "You might be a Red Neck" Photo.... but it is working for now. And if you are wondering why that hose on top of the ground isn't freezing in the 24 degree weather, it is because we are letting one of the faucets in the house run.
Oh, the joys of owning your own home!!!!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...