Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Yesterday's post

February 2nd, 2010
High 32*
Low 8*
Partly sunny and cloudy all day with a light dusting of snow in the evening.
Started the day at around 7:30 a.m. I was shocked that *Z* slept through the night without wanting to get up. he did wake up once at around midnight and then again about 4:30a.m. but went right back to sleep after a bottle.
Breakfast consisted of a banana and part of a kiwi (a first for this fruit) and some french toast for *Z*. I had french toast, yogurt and the rest of the kiwi. After finishing his breakfast, *Z* tore his banana skin to shreds the smeared it around his tray like he was using it as a dishcloth. Somehow he managed to spare his face and hair, but he had banana on all his clothes and all over his chair.
After I got the banana cleaned up and was in the laundry room changing loads I hear what sounds to me like a pig coming from the living room. I could not for the life of me figure out what *Z* was up to this time. When I came around the corner into the dining room to where I could see where/what *Z* was doing, I must have had a really confused look on my face because as soon a *Z* saw me he started giggling and then proceeded to do what he had done before to make the "pig" sound before then started giggling all over again. I just shook my head at him ... boys will be boys. He had finally figured out how to use *T* grunt call for deer hunting. *T* had it out a while ago and was trying to get *Z* to make a noise with it but *Z* wanted no part of it. Yet there he sat, in the middle of the floor, his dad nowhere around, making the thing work. After watching him for a few minutes I realized that he was actually using it backwards. He sucks on the wrong end instead of blowing on the right end.... what will he find amusing tomorrow?
Around 11 a.m. I got *Z* ready to go to my Mom's house for the afternoon because I had to be to work at noon.
*T* picked him up from Mom's this evening and she said *Z* only took a one hour nap all day. When I got home at 8:30 p.m. he was JUST falling asleep in *T*'s lap, but then he saw me and woke up. I didn't get him to go back to sleep until 10 p.m. so he should sleep through the night with no problem.... keeping fingers crossed!
Not much else to report today... *T* did all the barn chores today so I am not sure what is going on out there. I will be the one on duty tomorrow so I'll have a better idea what everyone in the barn is up to. *T* does a good job feeding and watering but as far as him checking the nannies for signs of labor, etc. he is clueless. We don't have anyone due right now so I still feel safe sending *T* out to feed.
Two Years Ago Today

No comments:

Post a Comment