Wednesday, November 07, 2007

My New Favorite Thing



I have discovered a new favorite thing today. I was at Wal-Mart and spotted this reusable bag.... it cost just $1.
According to the label each bag is:
* 100% recyclable
* Made from 85% recycled materials
* Made from approximately 4 plastic soda bottles
* Can replace 50 plastic shopping bags
* Can carry the same weight as 2-3 plastic shopping bags
* Made in China (the only thing about it I don't like)



At first it didn't look like it would hold very many things, but let me tell you, I was pleasantly surprised how much actually does fit into it.
Have any of you see these... or used them? What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. The issue at hand is that "disposable" convenience items are killing our planet. If we reclaimed old fashioned sensibilities like being frugal we'd all be a lot better off. I was talking with my granny the other day about the disposable bag crisis and she told me that in her day people always brought their own bags. When disposable bags were introduced, people stopped bringing their own. Now, people of good intention buy reusable grocery bags and, speaking from personal experience, we often leave them at home. Because of my forgetfulness, I've started packing around a reusable ChicoBag because I can stuff it into a tiny little sack and hang it on my backpack. It's a life saver. Literally. Lucky for college students like me, it's also inexpensive and can hold lots of text books and beverages. If you want to laugh about the bag crisis go to www.bagmonster.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made in China and bought at Walmart...I just don't like those guys.

    ReplyDelete